Most home insurance carriers do not offer a service line coverage option. At Western Pacific Insurance, we have multiple carriers that offer service line coverage for our clients.
Homeowners coverage that goes underground.
A service line connects your home with external service providers using underground pipe or wire. Service Line coverage provides protection from an unexpected loss caused by a service line failure, which is often unforeseen, costly, and not covered under most homeowners insurance policies.
What is a Service Line?
Examples include electrical power, heating, natural gas, waste disposal, compressed air, water, steam, internet access, telecommunications services, wide area networks, or data transmission.
Service Line coverage that really covers.
Many homeowners don’t realize they are responsible for the underground service lines from the street to their home.
Service Line coverage will pay to repair or replace the underground service line that is damaged as a result of:
- Wear and Tear
- Rust or other corrosion, decay, deterioration, hidden, or latent defect
- Collapse; but not including sinkhole collapse
- Electrical and mechanical or pressure systems breakdown
Also provide, as needed:
- Extra cost to make temporary repairs; or expedite permanent repairs or permanent replacements to your service line that is damaged as the result of a service line failure
- Additional living expense and rental value
- Green property replacement of up to 150% replacement cost
Give us a call about adding Service Line coverage to your Homeowners policy.